Thursday, February 5, 2009

Great Grandpa

I wasn't going to post about this but decided that because he was such a great man and loved Luke so much I would post a tribute to my Grandpa. He passed away peacefully on Friday after dealing with a lot of pain over the last four years since his accident. He was excited to be a Great Grandpa when we told him we were pregnant, but didn't really want to look at the ultrasound because he just wanted to wait for "the real thing". I will never forget the first time that he held Luke and he was instantly proud to be his Great Grandpa. He loved to call Luke, "Luke the Duke" and brought many smiles to our faces and Luke's when he held him. I am glad he is at peace but we will of course miss him so much. I am also glad Luke got to see him and know him even though it was just for a short time. We will always share our memories with Luke as he grows up of his Great Grandpa.





6 comments:

Nat said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Those pictures are wonderful and I am sure will be treasured.

Leah

Anonymous said...

What a nice job Ker!!! Grandpa would be so proud of you!! Love, Poppy

Anonymous said...

I could not wait so I am sitting here crying. It is a great tribute to Great Gramp He would and was som proud of you all. He also love you all very much.
Love Mom

Holly Steffen said...

You got me crying too. I know I only met him a couple times but he was a really great man. =]

Now, he can take even better care of Luke the Duke!

Luke had a great-grandpa for a little bit and that is such a huge blessing for him and for Luke.

We love you and Rob and Luke. You guys are in our thoughts. You'll see him again, I know it!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

You made me cry again! Your words are so true and we are all better people because of who Grandpa was and will always be to us. Luke will look back at these pictures in "awe" and be thankful for this great man!
Love,
Aunt Karen

Ashley said...

such a nice tribute to your grandpa. I love the pictures. xoxo