Thursday, May 27, 2010

Retirement is FUN!!!!!!

My Poppy retired from {not quite} 40 years of service to the same company!!!!! WHOA! So we decided that the best present we could give him would be to spend time with the whole family. We planned a trip to Baltimore since there is water and boats there {he likes both of those too!} and it is exactly half way for both of us! We had the most amazing time. Even though it was just for a weekend, it will be a vacation that will be remembered forever.

Luke was absolutely amazing!!!! He did the best traveling that he ever has {and he sure has done a lot of it in his little life!!} and was just overjoyed the whole weekend. He even took a nap in his stroller while we were downtown on Saturday - something he has not done since he was 3 weeks old! However, he wasn't very photogenic since there was soooo much going on all the time.

We also bought my Dad this boat.....

Just kidding. :) But we did take a super fun cruise on it!
Luke loved looking out the window. This was when we first took off - it says everything!

Family shots.





View of the city as we were returning.

There were even tractors there!!!!

The only picture we got of the 7 of us!


Congratulations, Poppy! I am so proud of everything you have accomplished! You amaze me! I love you!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you all had so much fun. Everything looked so perfect!

Poppy said...

Thanks Princess!!! It was an AMAZING time and we had so much fun. I felt so honored. I love you all sooooooo much!! Another GREAT post!!! Love, Poppy (Grandpa)

Mom/Gram said...

You are amazing this is a wonderful dedication to your Dad. We did have alot of fun!!!!! Luke was greeeeat!!!! Love you all.
Love Mom/Gram

Anonymous said...

it looks like a great time was had by all.I love the look on Luke's face when he is looking out the boat window Love, Nana