We have thoroughly been enjoying our summer the last week! I celebrated my 30th (WOO HOO!!) birthday last Sunday and it was so wonderful! I loved catching up with my little buddy:
He kept saying, "Happy.... NuNu" - translated, Happy Birthday NuNu (he calls me Auntie NuNu). It was so precious. Kevin and Emily made me the most AHMAZING cookie cake! Benjamin and Luke helped me blow out the candles:
Then we went to dinner with some family and close friends. I was so excited to have all 3 of my wee ones (Luke and nephews Benjamin and Conner) there with us!
Luke eating salad with chopsticks.......
The hibachi flame. Luke honestly did like it!
The crew:
I also worked on another project in Luke's room this week. SO happy with how it turned out!!! The shelves are the yellow paint from the accent wall. The blue letters are the same paint as the drum set mural. And the outfit hanging is the one he wore when he was 18 months old when I get the idea for this room:
And Luke and I have been enjoying lots of free {or mostly free} dates! We went to story time at church, saw Mr. Popper's Penguins at the theater, and went bowling this week:
It was his first time - he loved it!
Ummmm..... some technique:
He was killing me with this - he would back pedal as soon as he let the ball go then stand like this next to the ball-return-thinger (very technical I know):
After having to get the guy to come rescue Luke's ball twice we decided to use the ramp. He did much better with that:
Love spending quality time with my friends, family, and my little love. Can't wait to see what free stuff we get to do next week!!!!
1 comments:
Glad that you had such a wonderful milestone birthday! I hope that you saved me a piece of that cookie cake! It looks like that jr. bowler is just about ready for the pro tour! The shelves in Luke's room came out great! Nice job! Love, Poppy
Post a Comment