Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Early Mother's Day

So for a few months now Luke has been telling me he wants to get me a ring to wear (like my wedding ring) so that everyone will 'know that I'm only his'. I think this is seriously the most precious thing in the world :) so I reminded Rob that Mother's Day is coming up. Luke and I searched about 200 hundred rings online and let me tell you.... this kid has got some serious pickiness! He knew what he wanted! There was only one that he liked and one that he loved. So he showed Rob and I guess they ordered it! (I only know that because Luke told me every detail.)

So on Saturday it arrived. The boys 'snuck' into Luke's room (after he told me that my ring came and he was going to open it). I heard giggles and the box snapping shut over and over. Then Luke comes out, moves my hair away from my ear and whispers, "I want to give you your ring now, Mommy". When I told him it wasn't Mother's Day yet he insisted on pretending that it was. No changing this kid's mind! And y'all know how much I hate getting gifts early.........


Rob comes out with both cameras. Luke proceeds to tell me to close my eyes. So I did and held out my hands, which he told me not to do. Instead he asked which finger it was going to go on.


And he was oh so precious holding that box behind his back. I honestly think this was the sweetest moment of being a Mommy thus far.


So then he slips the ring on my finger... (I asked Rob later if he told him to do that - he didn't. My sweet sweet child did that one all on his own.) ... and is the proudest boy in the whole world. Now everyone knows that I am only his. :)


I love him more than life.


He's got good taste too! Love the ring!!!


Kudos to my amazing husband for getting this all on both cameras. Such a special moment. :)

And on another note - yesterday Grandma and Grandpa treated Luke to his first experience with the ice cream truck. YUMMY!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

AAAHHHHHHH SWEETEST EVER!!!! The ring is gorgeous! Such a precious boy!

And I love your nail polish ;)

Joylynn said...

What a thoughtful, thoughtful boy you have, Kerry:) Happy early Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

so cute, do you have a close up of ring? You have two very thoughtful guys in your life!!

Poppy said...

He sure is a sweet, sweet, boy that loves his Mommy (and Daddy) very, very much. How precious!!! Oh, by the way, is that ring this years present or next years????