There is this song that Luke and I both love. It's catchy, fun, and great to dance to. It's a love song to God and we love just belting it out when it is on the radio, or just randomly throughout the day. :)
The other day {well not the other day -- it was like the day before Luke's birthday} I was listening to it and some of the words just hit me like a brick wall. As I thought about them and thought about this precious boy that God has gifted to me I just completely broke down and started sobbing. I realized this is how I feel about this sweet boy of mine.
The words that got me most:
Just when I feel this crazy world is gonna bring me down
That’s when Your smile comes around
That’s when Your smile comes around
Oh, I love the way You hold me, by my side You’ll always be
You take each and every day, make it special in some way
You take each and every day, make it special in some way
I love You more than the words in my brain can express
I can’t imagine even loving You less
I love the way You hold me
I can’t imagine even loving You less
I love the way You hold me
Forever in my heart, always on my mind
It’s crazy how I think about You all of the time
It’s crazy how I think about You all of the time
I know someday Luke will be a teenager/young adult/man and I may not be 'held' in the same way by him, but I know that as my relationship with him and as his mother changes, he will always be able to change my days with just a smile and he will make every day so special just by being my son. I can not ever imagine loving him less.
Here it is on YouTube if you want to listen to it while watching the lyrics.
Jamie Grace - "Hold Me"
He loves to tell me he loves the way I hold him. When I tell him the same he says, "you don't hold me!" To which I remind him that his hugs are like him holding me. :) Sweetest boy.
3 comments:
How awesome what a greeeat mother you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Princess:
So SWEET!!!!!
Some of the most precious memories I have are the ones of the times when I have held you. We sure are BLESSED.
Love always, Poppy
LOVE!!!!
Post a Comment